ADVERTISEMENT
News » Entertainment
Jul 6, 4:50 PM EDT

Harrison Ford injury to halt production on 'Star Wars: Episode VII' for 2 weeks

AP Photo
AP Photo/Jordan Strauss
Entertainment Video

Buy AP Photo Reprints
Multimedia
Oscars 2010: Nominations
Oscars 2009:
Red Carpet
Oscars 2009: Red Carpet Panorama
Roman Polanski timeilne
Latest Movie News
'Harry Potter' actor Dave Legeno found dead in Death Valley from apparent heat-related issues

Ian McKellen shares first picture of himself as elderly Sherlock Holmes in new film

Poachers in Thailand kill and steal tusks of 50-year-old elephant inside conservation center

Robert Redford to play Dan Rather in film about the former news anchor's fallout at CBS

Alejandro Inarritu's 'Birdman' starring Michael Keaton to open Venice Film Festival

Document
Paris Hilton in Federal Court: Deposition
Paris Hilton in Federal Court: Exhibit 56
Multimedia
"Harry Potter" Quiz

NEW YORK (AP) -- Harrison Ford's injury will cause production on "Star Wars: Episode VII" to be suspended for two weeks.

Disney announced Sunday that shooting would be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule following Ford's injury. The 71-year-old broke his leg in June during filming of the much-anticipated sequel at Pinewood Studios outside of London.

Disney had said earlier that Ford's injury wouldn't cause any delays. The studio said Sunday that "Episode VII" is still "on track" to wrap in the fall and be released in December 2015.

The accident involved a spacecraft door on the Millennium Falcon falling on Ford's leg. His recuperation was expected to take up to two months.

© 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

 
ADVERTISEMENT