ADVERTISEMENT
News » Entertainment
Jul 30, 11:04 AM EDT

2 more former News of the World journalists charged with phone hacking

World Video

Photo Gallery
Animal census at the London Zoo
Latest News from Britain
British judge opens inquiry into Alexander Litvinenko killing, says Russian role is key issue

Former aide to Prince Philip charged in sexual abuse case from the 1970s

Historic Eastbourne Pier southeast of London engulfed in flames; no injuries reported

2 more former News of the World journalists charged with phone hacking

Britain to test driverless car technology in up to 3 cities next year

London's iconic Gherkin building put up for sale after being put into receivership

Buy AP Photo Reprints

LONDON (AP) -- British police have charged two former senior journalists at the now-defunct News of the World tabloid with conspiring to hack phones.

Former features editor Jules Stenson and ex-deputy editor Neil Wallis are accused of conspiring to illegally listen to voicemails between 2003 and 2007.

Their editor was Andy Coulson, who was convicted last month of hacking. Coulson, who also served as Prime Minister David Cameron's communications chief, is serving an 18-month sentence.

Wallis was previously arrested in 2011, but was told in 2013 that he would not be charged. On Wednesday he accused police of an "endlessly vindictive and enormously costly investigation."

Owner Rupert Murdoch shut down the News of the World in July 2011 after the revelation that it had hacked the phone of a 13-year-old murder victim.

© 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

 
ADVERTISEMENT