National & World News
10 Things to Know-Wednesday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. TRUMP RELEASES LIST OF VETERANS GROUPS THAT GOT DONATIONS, RANTS AGAINST MEDIA
Several of the checks were dated May 24, the same date of Trump's interview with The Washington Post, which had raised questions about where the promised money was.
2. WHAT AMERICANS THINK ABOUT THE WAY PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES ARE CHOSEN
An AP-NORC polls finds that many have little faith in either the Democratic or Republican nomination system, and oppose the superdelegates who have a substantial say in the Democratic race.
3. FEARS RISE FOR TENS OF THOUSANDS OF CIVILIANS TRAPPED IN FALLUJAH
Iraqi forces are pressing an offensive to dislodge Islamic State militants from the city, where an aid group warns a "human catastrophe" is unfolding.
4. CLINTON LANDS COVETED ENDORSEMENT FROM CALIFORNIA GOV. JERRY BROWN
The endorsement comes a week before the California primary, where Bernie Sanders hopes to score an upset victory.
5. POLICE INVESTIGATE PARENTS OF BOY RESCUED FROM GORILLA
Authorities said the investigation will look at the parents' actions - not the operation of the zoo, which is overseen by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
6. HOW WAL-MART IS TRYING TO GROW OVERSEAS AND WIN OVER PRIZED CHINA
The company has to shed some of its American ways and cater to very different customs, like letting customers in China sift through piles of fish.
7. MORE THAN 1,000 MIGRANTS DIE IN PAST WEEK TRYING TO CROSS THE MEDITERRANIAN
The staggering death toll could foreshadow more disasters in coming months as the region gears up for the traditional summer-fall spike in human trafficking.
8. RESIDENTS FLEE AS SWOLLEN RIVER FEEDS FLOODING NEAR HOUSTON
More rain expected later this week could keep the Brazos River in major flood stage into the weekend.
9. WHY HOVERBOARD MANUFACTUERS WANT A SECOND CHANCE
Segway will begin taking pre-orders for a new hoverboard called the MiniPro, which along with other new powered scooters, have passed new safety standards designed to prevent fires.
10. DREW PETERSON FOUND GUILTY OF TRYING TO HIRE SOMEONE TO KILL PROSECUTOR
The ex-suburban Chicago police officer was convicted of trying to hire a fellow inmate's uncle while in prison to kill the prosecutor who helped convict him in his ex-wife's slaying.