National & World News
10 Things to Know for Tuesday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. TRUMP, SANDERS EYE NH PRIMARY WINS
The GOP front runner lashes out at opponents, the Democrat challenger plays it safe and a snowstorm threatens voter turnout.
2. WHAT DANGERS SAUDIS FACE IN OFFER TO SEND TROOPS TO SYRIA
A Saudi deployment runs the risk of confrontation between one of the Arab world's most powerful militaries and forces protecting Syrian President Bashar Assad.
3. OBAMA ASKS CONGRESS FOR $1.8B TO FIGHT ZIKA
U.S. health officials say the money is critical for research into the mosquito-borne virus and its possible links to birth defects.
4. HOW MANY VIEWERS SUPER BOWL ATTRACTS
Nearly 112 million people watched Sunday's championship - down from over 114 million last year - but still among the top three most-watched U.S. TV events ever.
5. POPE WILL VISIT SLUM OUTSIDE MEXICO CITY
The pontiff's plan to stop in crime-plagued Ecaptepec next Sunday spotlights the Mexican government's failure to confront rampant drug violence and crushing poverty.
6. LAWSUITS FOLLOW LEAD WATER CONTAMINATION
While government officials scramble to rid Flint's tap water of lead, victims are suing Gov. Rick Snyder and others who may have had a role in supplying corrosive river water to the city.
7. POLICE CODE OF SILENCE HANGS OVER CHICAGO TEEN'S DEATH
Video footage raises doubts about whether officers at the scene of Laquan McDonald's killing tried to cover up what prosecutors now call murder.
8. WHY SCIENTISTS BUILD ROACH-INSPIRED ROBOTS
Researchers hope swarms of future cockroach-like robots could be fitted with mini cameras to search rubble for earthquake victims.
9. BEYONCE'S SUPER BOWL PERFORMANCE ATTRACTS CHEERS, JEERS
The performer's Black Panther-themed attire and black power-themed halftime show is praised by fans and criticized by GOP Rep. Peter King and former NYC Mayor Rudi Giuliani.
10. EX-GIRLFRIEND SAYS MANZIEL STRUCK HER
In an affidavit, the former girlfriend accuses the Cleveland Browns quarterback of hitting her so hard she lost hearing in one ear.