National & World News
10 Things to Know for Tuesday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. CAR RAMS POLICE VEHICLE AT FORT MEADE
Both men in the car were dressed as women, and one dies after police open fire outside the sprawling military post that houses the nation's spy agency.
2. STARTLING DISCLOSURE IN PROBE OF JET DISASTER
The co-pilot of the Germanwings flight that crashed into the French Alps once received treatment for suicidal tendencies, prosecutors say.
3. SAUDI-LED COALITION STEPS UP STRIKES ON YEMEN REBELS, BLOCKADES PORTS
It appears to be the most intense day of fighting since the air campaign began five days ago.
4. STICKING POINTS REMAIN IN TALKS OVER IRAN'S NUCLEAR PROGRAM
Tuesday is the deadline for the two sides to finalize a framework for a final accord, which negotiators hope to complete by the end of June.
5. WHERE ELECTION CLIFFHANGER IS PLAYING OUT
Early vote totals in Nigeria show President Goodluck Jonathan almost even with his main opponent, a former military dictator.
6. SECOND APPARENT SUICIDE JOLTS MISSOURI POLITICS
The death of Spence Jackson, former spokesman for state Auditor Tom Schweich, follows by about a month Schweich's own death, also by a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
7. WHAT COULD MAKE CARRYING OUT EXECUTIONS HARDER FOR DEATH PENALTY STATES
A leading association for U.S. pharmacists adopts a policy that discourages its members from providing drugs for use in lethal injections.
8. US PLEDGING TO CUT EMISSIONS 28 PERCENT
Obama's highly anticipated proposal constitutes the opening offer by the U.S. as world leaders strive to reach a climate deal.
9. WHICH MAXIM MIGHT NOT BE WORTH HEEDING
Testing "an apple a day keeps the doctor away," researchers determine that daily apple eaters have just as many doctor visits as those who ate fewer or no apples.
10. LEAVE SELFIE STICKS AT HOME, MUSIC FANS TOLD
The devices will be off-limits at this summer's Coachella and Lollapalooza festivals. On a list of banned items, Coachella dismisses them as "narsisstics."