National & World News
10 Things to Know for Tuesday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. GREEKS SWARM BANKS AS ECONOMY TEETERS
It's unlikely Athens can make a 1.6 billion euro ($1.8 billion) bailout payment, stoking fears of the country's possible exit from the euro.
2. DOW SINKS 350 POINTS
The U.S. and other financial markets around the world fall as anxiety over Greece's debt crisis spreads.
3. SUPREME COURT UPHOLDS USE OF CONTROVERSIAL EXECUTION DRUG
The justices decide that the sedative midazolam can be used in lethal injections without violating the constitutional prohibition on cruel and unusual punishment.
4. HOW PRISONERS' ESCAPE PLAN UNRAVELED
The two convicted killers intended to drive to Mexico after breaking out of prison in upstate New York - but their ride backed out, authorities say.
5. NBC CUTTING TIES WITH TRUMP OVER HIS COMMENTS ABOUT MEXICAN IMMIGRANTS
The network says it won't air the annual Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants, and if "Celebrity Apprentice" continues, it'll be without the mogul.
6. WHICH STATE IS SEEKING TO STIFFEN VACCINATION LAWS
California lawmakers send to the governor a bill that would impose one of the strictest school vaccination laws in the country in reaction to a recent measles outbreak at Disneyland.
7. IRAN NUCLEAR TALKS CONTINUE PAST DEADLINE
Officials suggest Tehran is backtracking on key points of a framework agreement that seeks to prevent the country from producing nuclear weapons.
8. WHAT DISTINCTION SUSANNAH JONES AND EMMA MORANO SHARE
Both women, an American and an Italian, were born in 1899 - and are believed to be the only people still alive with birthdates in the 1800s.
9. SHARK EXPERT OFFERS EXPLANATION FOR SIX NORTH CAROLINA ATTACKS
"You get this unholy mix of bait fish, sharks and humans together ... you're going to have some bites," he says.
10. WHO'S SAYING GOODBYE TO WIMBLEDON
Australian Lleyton Hewitt, the men's champ in 2002, says his opening-round, five-set loss will be his last singles match at the tournament.