- Food & Drink
- Virginia Politics
- All Sections
10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. NETANYAHU SET FOR CONGRESS SPEECH
The Israeli leader will deliver a stern message about any nuclear deal with Iran, straining relations with the White House even more as talks between Washington and Tehran's chief diplomats continue in Switzerland.
2. BODY-CAMERA MAKER HAS TIES TO POLICE CHIEFS
An AP investigation found that Taser International has hired recently retired police chiefs only months after their cities bought equipment from the stun-gun maker.
3. RUSSIANS MOURN SLAIN OPPOSITION FIGURE
Thousands file past Kremlin critic Boris Nemtsov's coffin in Moscow hours before he was to be laid to rest.
4. WHY GEORGIA DELAYED THE FIRST EXECUTION OF A WOMAN IN SEVEN DECADES
Concerns over the potency of the lethal injection drug pushed officials to delay executing Kelly Renee Gissendaner for the 1997 murder of her husband.
5. AIRLINES TO BAN BULK SHIPMENTS OF RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES FOR FEAR THEY CAUSE FIRES
Federal Aviation Administration tests over the past year show that when one battery overheats it can cause other ones to short-circuit and overheat, resulting in a chain reaction.
6. RAPIST BLAMES INDIAN VICTIM FOR HER DEATH
One of the men convicted in the gang rape and killing of a 23-year-old woman in 2012 says she would have survived had she not resisted her assailants.
7. IN SHIFTING NORTH KOREAN ECONOMY, STATE-RUN CHAIN STORES TRY GIVING CUSTOMERS WHAT THEY WANT
They aim to provide a wide range of goods, such as food, clothes and daily necessities like soap and shower gel.
8. PRINCE WILLIAM FOCUSES ON SOCCER, FILM IN CHINA VISIT
The second-in-line to the British throne is launching a year of cultural exchange between London and Beijing.
9. WHO'S GOT NO PLANS TO QUIT
"Judge Judy" Sheindlin extends her contract three more years, keeping her TV court in session into 2020.
10. NFL STAR COULD BE LEAVING DETROIT
The Lions announce that they'll allow defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh to hit the open market later this month.