National & World News
10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. NUCLEAR REALITIES HOVER OVER OBAMA'S TRIP TO HIROSHIMA
The visit, coinciding with the G-7 summit in Japan, comes amid concern over North Korea's growing nuclear and missile capabilities.
2. WHO'S LENDING UNLIKELY SUPPORT TO TRUMP
An increasingly vocal Hispanic minority is speaking out in favor of the billionaire businessman, even in the face of resentment and suspicion from friends and family.
3. DISCONNECT NAGS HILLARY CLINTON
The Democratic front-runner is telling voters not to trust Trump, but a new government report about her usage of a private server as secretary of state is complicating that message.
4. CRACKDOWN FOLLOWS AP REVELATIONS ABOUT SECURITY BREACHES AT US AIRPORTS
But authorities aren't targeting the intruders. Instead, they're blocking the release of information about the frequent breaches of perimeter gates and fences.
5. HINT OF RESOLUTION TO UNREST IN FRANCE
The prime minister opens the door to possible changes in a labor bill that has sparked intensifying strikes and protests.
6. GUNFIRE ERUPTS AT CONCERT IN NEW YORK CITY
The violence at the venue where hip-hop artist T.I. was getting ready to perform leaves one person dead and three wounded.
7. STATES SUE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION OVER TRANSGENDER DECREE
Texas and 10 other states are challenging the directive to U.S. public schools to let transgender students use the bathrooms and locker rooms that match their gender identity.
8. WHICH SEAFARERS' TOOL IS GROWING IN POPULARITY
Nearly 40,000 people are making use of a mobile app that helps mariners avoid striking endangered whales.
9. HOW GEARHEAD ETHOS HAS SPREAD IN DUBAI
The police force in the desert metropolis has built up a high-horsepower arsenal of luxury sports cars and SUVs over the years to complement its fleet of patrol cruisers.
10. JOHNNY DEPP'S WIFE FILES FOR DIVORCE
Amber Heard cites irreconcilable differences. The two have been married 15 months and have no children together.