10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. U.S., SWISS TIMED FIFA RAIDS FOR MAXIMUM EFFECT
The anti-corruption investigation that would shake the soccer world was planned for the sport's governing body's annual gathering in Zurich.
2. WHO ARE NOT RETURNING FROM IS CONFLICT ZONES
AP's Lori Hinnant finds that only two of the approximately 600 Western girls and young women who have joined extremists in Syria are known to have made it out of the war-ravaged country.
3. WHICH GOP CONTENDER ADVISES MULTIPLE ORGANIZATIONS
Jeb Bush served on the boards of or as an adviser to at least 15 companies and nonprofits during his transition from Florida governor to likely presidential candidate, earning him millions of dollars.
4. WHY HOUSTON IS SUSCEPTIBLE TO FLOODING
The nation's fourth largest city has long been vulnerable to flooding, and experts say control efforts have been offset by a population boom.
5. WHAT FORECASTERS ARE SAYING ABOUT INDIA'S HEAT WAVE
Meteorologists are saying that the oppressive heat that has killed more than 1,400 people in the past month would likely continue for several more days.
6. FREDDIE GRAY FALLOUT PERSISTS
One month after riots erupted in West Baltimore in the wake of the death of a black man in police custody, homicides and shootings are up and residents now feel the area is under policed.
7. FIRST HEARING IN HOUSE LAWSUIT OVER `OBAMACARE'
Attorneys for the government and the House of Representatives get ready to face off in the Republicans' lawsuit over Obama's health care law.
8. LAWYER SAYS TRACY MORGAN IS HAPPY THAT CAR CRASH LAWSUIT IS BEHIND HIM
The actor-comedian reached a settlement with Wal-Mart after one of its trucks slammed into the back of a limo van carrying Morgan and others last June.
9. LINDSAY LOHAN MAY PUT COURT TROUBLES BEHIND
A judge will determine whether the "Mean Girls" star has completed her community service in a reckless driving case.
10. BAY AREA BASKETBALL FANS BASK IN GLORY
Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors advance to the NBA Finals for the first time in 40 years with a 104-90 win over Houston.