- Food & Drink
- Virginia Politics
- All Sections
10 Things to Know for Monday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. ARAB SUMMIT ENDS WITH VOW TO DEFEAT SHIITE REBELS IN YEMEN
Arab leaders also plan to form a joint intervention force, setting the stage for a clash between U.S.-allied Arab states and Iran, accused of backing Houthi rebels in Yemen.
2. WHAT NSA CONSIDERED ABANDONING PRIOR TO SNOWDEN LEAK
The National Security Agency discussed ending its secret program to collect and store American phone records before Edward Snowden revealed the practice, The Associated Press learns.
3. IRAN WEIGHS FURTHER URANIUM ENRICHMENT CUTS
But Teheran is pushing back on how long it must limit technology it could use to make atomic arms, say Western officials involved in nuclear talks.
4. WHY EXPERTS STRUGGLE TO EXPLAIN WHY CO-PILOT CRASHED AIRLINER
"We don't have a clue what was going through his mind," says Dr. Simon Wessely, of the Institute of Psychiatry at King's College London, referring to Germanwings pilot Andreas Lubitz.
5. 2 BODIES FOUND IN NYC GAS EXPLOSION RUBBLE
Mayor Bill de Blasio says someone may have improperly tapped a gas line before the blast that caused three apartment buildings to collapse.
6. `WE'RE NOT GOING TO CHANGE THIS LAW'
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence defends the state legislation that's garnered widespread criticism over concerns it could foster discrimination against gays and lesbians.
7. WHERE IMMIGRANT DROWNINGS ARE ON THE RISE
Due to increased patrols, migrants are choosing more dangerous spots to cross the Rio Grande into South Texas.
8. BOKO HARAM FIGHTERS ATTACK NIGERIA POLL STATIONS
But voting continues in the high-stakes contest to elect a president for Africa's richest, most populous nation.
9. NEW ENGLAND OPPOSES NATURAL GAS PIPELINES
Although the region needs more gas-delivery capacity, few residents want new pipelines through their towns.
10. HOW MANY NO. 1 SEEDS REACH FINAL FOUR
Top-ranked Kentucky and Wisconsin will face off in the semifinals, while top-seeded Duke will play Seventh-seeded Michigan State.